Being Good Stewards
How Your Gifts Help Needy Children
In 2012, Kids Alive had 65 different ministry programs and our total revenue exceeded $7.9 million, with over $6.5 million — more than 85 cents of every dollar — going directly to help thousands of children in need. More than 90 missionaries and interns served overseas through kids Alive, and we sent 85 service teams to our field areas. Download the 2012 Annual Report or our 2011 Form 990.
As always, Kids Alive is committed to wise stewardship of our donor’s financial gifts. A key aspect of this is ensuring that administrative costs are kept as low as possible.
How Funds Are Used
- Program Services for Children 85%
- Management and General 8%
- Fundraising and Promotion 7%
Kids Alive Pre-Audit Results for 2012:
Our Accountability Memberships
Kids Alive International is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, which means all gifts are tax deductible as allowed by law. We are a member of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA) which evaluates our financial and accounting practices annually. Currently, GuideStar gives Kids Alive the hightest ranking of five stars.
In our annual evaluation by Charity Navigator we received a 4-star rating ten years in a row as an organization you can trust - putting us in the top 1% of the charities evaluated.
Our Supporters' Bill of Rights
We believe we also have a ministry and an obligation to our donors and constituents. That’s why we have very strict guidelines that detail our commitments to our supporters. The following is what you have a right to expect from us:
- Responsible Stewardship. We know many of our supporters give sacrificially, and we feel a responsibility to use their gifts wisely and efficiently. We pledge to keep our administrative costs low, to put as much money as possible directly into caring for needs of children at risk around the world. Because of the extensive care Kids Alive provides our children and our desire to keep Child Sponsorship affordable for every family, more than one sponsor supports each child.
- Truthfulness in All Communications. Because we believe God provides for this ministry, we promise never to raise funds in a manner that dishonors God or disrespects our supporters. We will always be truthful, accurate and timely.
- Transparent Financial Reporting. Kids Alive maintains the highest standards possible in financial record keeping and accounting. We are a member of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA), and we abide by the regulations and standards of that organization, as well as all applicable federal accounting and fundraising guidelines. While Kids Alive does occasionally pay Christian radio stations and artists a fee for helping us share the Kids Alive story and acquire new donors, we will never participate in commission-based fundraising
- Protecting Donor Privacy. Kids Alive will always respect our friends’ security and privacy by never renting, selling, publishing or otherwise providing donors’ names and contact information to other organizations.
- Praying for our Supporters. We consider our supporters to be friends, and we believe strongly in the power of prayer. That’s why we invite and encourage donors to share prayer requests with us, and we commit to pray for these concerns.
- Building Great Commission Partners. Since Jesus commanded us to go and make disciples of all nations, we serve our donors by helping them fulfill both the Great Commission and the Great Commandment — to love God and love their neighbor — through our partnership in spiritual and physical care to suffering children around the world.
Our Online Policies
To view Our Online Policies, click here.
We believe the work of Kids Alive is, in a very real way, a complete act of faith. That’s why we prayerfully seek to identify specific ways in which God would have us reach the neediest children. Then we share the needs and our ministry efforts with our supporters, asking you to pray and give to make these efforts possible. Without your partnership, Kids Alive would not be able to properly care for the children we serve.
Thank you for your prayers and support. And, may God bless you!