Conditions in South Sudan, and particularly near our Good Shepherd Home in Wau where we care for 32 boys, are deteriorating rapidly and endangering their lives. Please help us send emergency food aid before the spring rains make delivery nearly impossible.Give Now
About Kids Alive International
Kids Alive maintains the highest ratings with organizations that monitor nonprofits. If you are passionate about rescuing at-risk children, get to know us and find out how you can help!
Kids Alive International is a Christ-centered organization that believes every child deserves to live free from the bondage of hunger, abuse, and exploitation.
Our commitment to this Biblical truth compels us to deliver life’s essentials and with the same compassion and excellence that we would want for the children in our lives.
We rescue and provide for orphaned and forgotten children one at a time, but we accomplish so much more.
Together, we empower families and communities by developing partnerships and sharing the faith, knowledge, and infrastructure that creates self-sustaining legacies of transformation.
Kids Alive International is a Christ-centered mission dedicated to rescuing orphans and vulnerable children – meeting their spiritual, physical, educational, and emotional needs.
All of the children in our care were orphaned, abandoned, or abused, living on the streets, and victims of poverty, disease, or war. Kids Alive rescues these children – one at a time – and enrolls them into one of our Children’s Homes, a Care Center, or School program that is best suited to the care they need.
We are currently reaching children in 15 countries with the redeeming love of Christ.
Our Core Values
Kids Alive reflects the love of Christ by rescuing orphans and vulnerable children, nurturing them with quality holistic care, and sharing with them the transforming power of Jesus Christ so they are enabled to give hope to others.
With change happening all around us, Kids Alive stands firm on the clear teachings of God’s Word. Those solid, biblical values have guided our ministry to help children for almost 100 years and this will never change.
Everything we do in meeting the spiritual, physical, educational, and emotional needs of the children God places in our care is based on the solid foundation of God’s Word. We will continue to raise up these girls and boys in the nurture and admonition of the Lord by the principles of truth clearly proclaimed in the Bible.
- Faith Based – God alone transforms lives. As we rescue children in crisis, we submit to the Lordship of Jesus Christ, depend on the power of the Holy Spirit, accept the authority of the scriptures, and make prayer central to our ministry.
- Action Oriented – We follow the example of Jesus Christ. We work to build just societies as we respond with sacrificial love to the world’s suffering children.
- Child Focused – We believe children should have the opportunity to mature and develop their full potential. We care for the whole child by providing quality programs that meet their spiritual, educational, social, physical, and emotional needs.
- An International Team – We cooperate closely with national Christians to develop culturally relevant, caring communities for children, and to encourage the growth of godly leadership.
- Committed to Excellence – We intend to be known for our determined pursuit of quality, the integrity of our relationships, the clarity of our communication, and our accountability with human and financial resources entrusted to us.
- Family Centered – We believe in the nurturing power of the family. We strengthen existing families and place unprotected children in safe, family-style homes. We prepare these children to one day lead healthy families of their own.
- Matt Parker, President
- Randy Hall, Vice President of Strategic Partnerships
- Lyric Murphy, Vice President of Communications and Marketing
- Jed Hamoud, Vice President of Operations (Middle East/Africa)
- Benjamin Downing, Vice President of Operations (Latin America)
- Cindy Hicks, Director of Strategic Partnerships
- Brian Veen, Director of Missions Mobilization
- Renee Beauregard, Director of Accounting
- Gordon Sheffer, Director of Administration and Human Resources
- Cliff Peterson, Board Chair
- Sheri McCurley, Board Vice Chair
- David Rodgers, Board Secretary – Treasurer
- John Breul, Board Member
- Keith Dickerson, Board Member
- Walt Golembeski, Board Member
- Jeri Gort, Board Member
- Annette Mandrell, Board Member
- John Roman, Board Member
- Sherry Schaub, Board Member
Kids Alive International began in 1916 in Shantung Province, China, when missionaries Leslie and Ava Anglin began taking in homeless Chinese children.
From those humble beginnings, Kids Alive today has expanded worldwide, helping care for thousands of children through Residential Homes, Care Centers, and Schools.
And we reach even more children through medical clinics, community outreach programs, and – in special cases – disaster relief response. Through these various ministry efforts, orphans and abandoned children are being given education, clothing, healthy food, medical care, and – most importantly – the opportunity to know and serve Christ.
To reach children globally, Kids Alive has affiliate offices in Canada, the United Kingdom, Taiwan.
We take seriously our responsibility to spend every dollar you give wisely and efficiently, in ways that honor the God we serve. Our commitment to accountability, transparency, and efficiency allows us to consistently maintain one of the highest possible ratings by Charity Navigator.
Kids Alive International takes the protection of children very seriously. We believe children have the right to a happy, healthy, and secure childhood, and that child abuse in any form is an atrocity that is never acceptable.