In the latest issue of “ALIVE”, read about the needs in our Lebanon ministries, news about how YOU can be part of a Service Team, God’s heart of compassion for His people, and opportunities to make a difference by shopping from our Spring Gift Catalog!Read Here
Stewardship and Accountability
The work of Kids Alive is, in a very real way, a complete act of faith. That’s why we prayerfully seek to identify specific ways in which God would have us reach the neediest and most vulnerable children. We take seriously our responsibility to spend every dollar you give efficiently, in ways that honor the God we serve.
Our Stewardship — and Yours
Without your partnership, Kids Alive International would not be able to care for the children we serve. We are only as strong as the trust you place in us to use your gifts wisely, efficiently, and with transparency. We take this responsibility seriously and strive to use every dollar in ways that have the most impact in the lives of vulnerable children.
We know that stewardship is important to you, too. When you invest in Kids Alive, you can be sure we will treat your gifts with the utmost care and that we are committed to financial accountability for how your gifts are spent. We want you to be as confident in the wisdom of your own stewardship as we are in ours.
How Your Gifts Help At-Risk Children
In 2016, Kids Alive served children and families at 44 sites spread across 14 countries. Of our total expenses ($11.48 million), $9.78 million – about 85 cents of every dollar – went directly to help children in need.
123 missionaries and interns served overseas through Kids Alive, and we sent 100 service teams to our field areas. View our 2016 Annual Ministry Report, our 2016 Form 990, or our 2016 and 2015 Audited Financial Statement.
As always, Kids Alive is committed to wise stewardship of your financial gifts. A key aspect of this is ensuring that administrative and fundraising costs are kept as low as possible.
How Your Gifts Are Used
- Program Services for Children 85%
- Management and General 8%
- Fundraising and Promotion 7%
Kids Alive Audit Results for 2016:
|Ministry Program Services||$9,785,964|
|Fundraising and Promotion||$804,500|
|Management and General||$891,043|
Our Accountability Memberships
We are a member of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA) which evaluates our financial and accounting practices each year.
We consistently receive the very highest ratings from groups that monitor and report on the efficiency and integrity of charitable organizations.
In our annual evaluation by the highly respected Charity Navigator we received its highest four-star rating 15 years in a row as an organization you can trust. This puts us in the top 1% of the charities evaluated and assures that you can give and participate with confidence.
Currently, GuideStar gives Kids Alive a silver seal. Kids Alive has also complied with all standards set by the Better Business Bureau.
Our Supporters’ Bill of Rights
Kids Alive International believes that as a ministry we have a sacred obligation to you, our donors and constituents. That’s why we have very strict guidelines that detail our commitments to our supporters. Here is what you have a right to expect from us:
- Responsible Stewardship. We know many of our supporters give sacrificially, and they grant us the privilege and give us the responsibility to use their gifts wisely and efficiently. We pledge to keep our administrative costs low, to put as much as possible directly into caring for needs of at-risk children around the world. Because of the extensive, holistic care Kids Alive provides, and because of our desire to keep child sponsorship affordable for every family, more than one sponsor may be needed to support each child.
- Truthfulness in All Communications. Because we believe God provides for this ministry, we promise never to raise funds in a manner that dishonors God or disrespects our supporters. We will always be truthful, accurate, and prompt in our reports to our donors.
- Transparent Financial Reporting. Kids Alive maintains the highest standards possible in financial record-keeping and accounting. We are a member of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA), and we abide by the regulations and standards of that organization, as well as all applicable federal accounting and fundraising guidelines. While Kids Alive does occasionally pay Christian radio stations and artists a fee for helping us share the Kids Alive story and acquire new donors, we will never participate in commission-based fundraising.
- Protection of Our Donors’ Privacy. We will never share, rent, sell, publish, or otherwise provide donors’ names or personal information to any other entity nor will we send mailings on behalf of other organizations. This policy covers all channels of communication, including electronic, written, and oral communications. Kids Alive will always respect your security and privacy.
- Prayer for Our Supporters. We consider our supporters to be friends, and we believe strongly in the power of prayer. That’s why we invite and encourage you to share prayer requests with us, and we commit to pray for these concerns.
- Building Great Commission Partners. Since Jesus commanded us to go and make disciples of all nations, we desire to serve you by helping you fulfill both the Great Commission and the Great Commandment – to love God and love your neighbor – through partnering with you in providing spiritual and physical care for suffering children around the world.
Our Online Policies