In the latest issue of “ALIVE!”, read what our president has to say about priorities and goals for 2018 ministry. We highlight a missionary couple who are faithfully serving Jesus, and share information to consider if God is calling YOU to missionary service. Dive into the newsletter and see what God is doing!Read Here
This week we take a tour of our programs in Africa and the Middle East, sharing two or three short prayer requests for each day. We do believe that your prayers make a difference – thank you for standing with us and the children that we serve!
Monday, August 18th
Pray for LEBANON
- Thank God that He has sustained and protected this ministry for more than 65 years – and for the many children’s lives that have been transformed as a result!
- Pray for summer programs taking place this week with help from local church members, that the kids would have fun and grow in their understanding of God’s love for them.
- Pray for God’s protection on our ministry despite an increasingly unstable security situation – and for organizations working to give hope to more than one million Syrian refugees.
Tuesday, August 19th
Pray for SUDAN
- Pray for the boys at the Boys Hope Center: that they would be healed from the hurts of the past, make great achievements with their academic studies, and come to know Christ in their lives.
- Ask God to protect our staff, that we would be able to continue caring for children despite the antagonism shown towards our ministry over the last year by the Sudanese government.
- Pray for persecuted Christians and the church in Sudan – that God would protect and give courage to His people at this very difficult time.
Wednesday, August 20th
Pray for ZAMBIA
- Thank God that the first Children’s Home at the new Chikondi Children’s Village in Lusaka is now open – and pray for the funding needed to continue construction of further facilities.
- Pray for the 700 children in our two schools in Mongu (western Zambia) – that lives would be changed forever as a result of the educational, physical and spiritual care that we provide!
- More than one million children in Zambia are orphaned or vulnerable. Pray for a growth in quality schools and educational programs across the country to help children and their families break out of the cycle of poverty.
Thursday, August 21st
Pray for KENYA
- Thank God that we see Him at work changing children’s lives in Kenya. Pray that our VBS, Bible teaching and discipleship programs would raise young men and women to make an amazing impact for Christ in their communities and across their nation!
- Pray for our leadership and staff team in Kenya – for unity, wisdom and for God’s strength as they reach out to help more orphans and vulnerable children.
- We are planning to develop a new home and community programs in western Kenya – pray that we would have the wisdom to identify the right location for this new ministry.
Friday, August 22nd
Pray for SOUTH SUDAN
- Thank God that He has protected our children and staff during the recent conflict in South Sudan. Thank Him also for the blessing of our new Children’s Home in Wau!
- Pray for our work in the community around our Children’s Home in Wau – that we would build close links with families and support them in breaking out of poverty.
- More than 50,000 children in South Sudan now face starvation. Pray for the humanitarian aid that is needed to rescue children, and for aid agencies as they seek to get food and emergency supplies to those that are most vulnerable.
Saturday, August 23rd
Pray for OTHER AREAS of Africa and the Middle East
- Last week, we shared about the urgent needs of children in Iraq, Syria, Nigeria and Israel/Gaza. Please continue to pray!
- Pray also for children trapped other situations where there is violence, abuse, fear and poverty.
Sunday, August 24th
Pray for LIVES CHANGED BY JESUS!
- Pray for our teens, that they would leave our programs with a strong faith in Jesus Christ and that their lives would reflect His love.
- Pray for the churches in the places where we serve, that we would have good relationships with each of them and that they would be a light in these communities.
- Pray for more children in our programs to come into the Kingdom – today!
Thank you for your continued prayers!