Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, weddings, graduations, and so many more. Let us help! You can honor your loved ones with a gift through the 2019 Spring Gift Catalog and bless a child at the same time, and we’ll send a card to let your honoree know!SHOP NOW
Some of the poorest countries in West Africa are facing an emergency as they wrestle with the deadly Ebola virus outbreak which has claimed nearly 5,000 lives. While no countries where Kids Alive works have so far been affected, we are monitoring the situation and are in touch with partners involved in the response to this crisis.
The disease has left an estimated 3,700 children orphaned, stretched poorly-resourced health services to the limit, hit national economies and put back development gains by years.
With the death toll rising as infection rates spiral, stopping the spread of the virus is paramount. Church leaders, who command widespread respect and trust, are playing a vital role in telling their congregations about staying safe, as well as tackling misinformation and superstition.
The challenge is enormous. Please join with us in praying:
– For communities affected by the current Ebola outbreak – particularly in Sierra Leone, Liberia and Guinea, the countries worst affected; and for the thousands of families who have lost loved ones, that they will be comforted and kept safe from infection.
– For people who are infected by the virus, that they will have access to medical care and be restored to full health. Pray that medical workers will be kept safe.
– For the people of West Africa who are living in fear and distress because of the outbreak. Pray that effective prevention measures will be put in place, and that medical supplies and hygiene kits will reach those most in need.
– That the church in West Africa will be a source of hope and healing at this time.
– For children orphaned as a result of the crisis, that they would be comforted, have their physical needs met, and come to know their heavenly Father who loves them and will never leave them.
We pray because we’re desperate for God to transform lives, and we desire to walk with him in step with His will for the world.Thank you for praying with us!