What We Believe
Kids Alive is a faith-based organization seeking to follow the example of Jesus Christ by responding with sacrificial love to the world’s suffering children, as we also work to build more just societies.
- We care for the whole child by providing for the full range of spiritual, educational, social, physical, and emotional needs, believing children should have the opportunity to grow and develop to their full potential.
- Because we believe in the nurturing power of the family, Kids Alive strengthens existing families and places unprotected children in safe, family-style homes, preparing them to lead healthy families of their own in the future.
- Kids Alive is committed to partnering with local churches around the world, both because it enables us to rescue more needy children, and because it helps cultivate local leadership and develop culturally-relevant, caring communities for children.
- It is our strong desire that Kids Alive be known for the integrity of our relationships, the clarity of our communication, our determined pursuit of quality, and our accountability with resources entrusted to us.
- We believe in the one infinite God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, the second person of the Trinity, and that, as the Son of God, He became incarnate by the Holy Spirit, being born of the Virgin Mary; that He truly rose from the dead, ascended into heaven, and is now there engaged in intercession for us at the right hand of the Father.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Godhead, and that He is ever present and active in and with every true born child of God, and that He is present to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment.
- We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and the New Testaments are given by divine inspiration; that they are the infallible, supreme, and the final authority in faith and life.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God that he sinned, and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death or separation from God; that all human beings are born with a sinful nature.
- We believe that Jesus Christ died for our sins, according to the Scriptures; that He, as the representative and substitutionary sacrifice for sin, obtained redemption by the shedding of His blood for all who believe in Him.
- We believe in “that blessed hope,” the personal and imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
- We believe that all who repent of their sins and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ are freely justified by the Father, born again of the Holy Spirit, and thereby become children of God.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of both the just and the unjust; the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost.